Thank you for your patience while we take care of your request!
Presenter: Justin Bariso, Author, EQ Applied: The Real-World Guide to Emotional Intelligence
Justin Bariso is the author of "EQ Applied: The Real-World Guide to Emotional Intelligence." Using fascinating research, breaking news analysis, and personal stories he’ll show what this quality looks like in the real world--and provide a glimpse as to how you can begin making emotions work for you, instead of against you.
In this presentation Bariso will explain:
- How the concept of emotional intelligence has evolved over the past 20 years
- How increased EQ can make better leaders and teammates
- The good, the bad, and the misunderstood about empathy
- How to protect yourself from getting hijacked by your own emotions
- Why the sandwich method of feedback is often ineffective (and what to do instead)
- Lessons from the FBI’s former lead kidnapping negotiator on using emotion to reach others
- The dark side of EQ